SPEN Framework Contract for the Repair & Refurbishment of Transformers
Rosh Engineering has won the framework contract for the repair and refurbishment of 33kv/11kV transformers for the Scotland and Merseyside & North wales areas of UK Distribution Network Operator SP Energy Networks. SPEN has the option to extend the contract until 2022. Rosh has been awarded the contract based on an evaluation of technical competence, health safety and quality performance, and financial competitiveness. Rosh Engineering Managing Director was delight to win the work and said,
“We have successfully carried out many contracts on the SPEN Network over the years and look forward to cementing our relationship even further with this long term commitment”.
Full scope of work under the contract includes:
- Transformer oil – Sampling and Diagnostic testing; Topping up the main tank and/or the cooling bank; Oil storage during works; Oil reconditioning and Oil regeneration
- Transformer tank and fittings – Condition assessment; Bolt tightening; Full cleaning and removal of surface rust patches; Full steam cleaning; Touch- painting of corrosion treated areas; Full painting of transformer tank and all fittings; Welding of the main tank cover lid and bolts.
- Gasketed joints – Replace access hole gaskets, tap changer compartment gaskets
- Cable boxes – Full cleaning and removal of surface rust patches; Full steam cleaning; replacement
- Cooling system – Radiators and pipe work cleaning, removal of rusty particles, surface treatment and full painting; Oil leaks sealing; Radiator and Pipe work replacement
- Fans – Inspection, grease bearings; repair and replacement
- Pumps – Inspection, maintenance; repair and replacement
- Valves – Inspection; oil leaks; Repair/ re-gasketting and replacement
- Conservator – Full cleaning and removal of rusty particles; Full painting; Re-gasketting; Replacement; Oil gauges inspection, cleaning and replacement
- Breather – Silica gel and Breather replacement
- Main Tank Mounted Bushings – Inspection, exterior clean and topping up of oil filled bushings (including Ductor testing of BB joints); Replacement
- Tap changer – Full internal inspection, maintenance and adjustment; Replacement of any parts required; Transformer and tap changer testing
- Control cabinet – Resealing main door and/ or walls. External and internal painting. Check protection devices. Condition assessment of multicore cabling & accessories. Replacement of heaters and lighting. WTI, OTI, isolator switch, relay, contactor multicore cabling & accessories, cabinet.
- Tap changer control cabinet – Resealing main door and/ or walls. External and internal painting. Check protection devices
- Pressure Relief System – Condition assessment; protection operation and calibration; replacement of bursting disks; full replacement
Rosh Engineering Manager, Emanuel Eleftheropoulos welcomes the opportunity to service SP Energy Network transformers across such a wide range of areas which will utilise many of the company’s in house skills.
Rosh Engineering buys a new factory
Continued expansion and development of Rosh Engineering’s transformer repair and refurbishment capabilities has resulted in the purchase of a 1,000m2. Factory on the banks of the river Tyne in Blaydon to the west of Newcastle, and right beside the main A1 trunk road. With lifting capacity up to 20tonnes the facility will expand the services available to power engineers throughout the UK and northern Europe.
Three months of refurbishment and modification to the factory will be taking place before all operations are moved into the new location. Rosh Engineering Director Paul Scott said,
“We have been looking to increase our capacity and capability for factory refurbishment for some time and buying this free hold property secures the company’s future to grow and develop”.
Harton and Westoe Angels Football team
Rosh Engineering is the proud sponsor of Harton and Westoe Angels. A girls football team that has great prospects…. well better prospects of success than some North East Football teams. The Sponsorship has given the team a selection of kit for the season.
ENWL Framework Contract for the Repair & Refurbishment of Transformers
After many years of working with the North West England utility, Rosh Engineering has secured a 3 year framework contract for the repair and refurbishment of power transformers with ENW.